Thursday, September 20, 2012

Symmetry, Assymmetry, and Rule of Thirds


Symmetry
 

For this assignment I decided to do a design for a t-shirt. The design shows a form of abstraction through simplicity and use of negative shape. It is supposed to appeal to music lovers such as myself since I love music.

 Assymmetry


This design is fit for an iphone case. It's bright and colorful so it appeals mostly to young age or even adults who prefer beautiful landscape design and a great background. I chose this for asymmetry because although the composition is not orderly like in a symmetrical design, it still shows a sense of balance that separates the mountains and hills to the night sky.

 Rule of Thirds


I used negative space as my main principle. It is supposed to appeal to those who love wearing simple artistic shirts as opposed to brand t-shirts. The position of the silhouette is on the third of the picture which really enhances the image. What I like most is the message as it shows the saying, "Silence is golden" and it portrays the word golden as a bunch of stitches on the mouth of the silhouette. The black background and the isolation of the silhouette to the thirds of the picture really emphasize the term "silence."

No comments:

Post a Comment